The Economic and Social Development Center of Palestine (ESDC) is an independent Palestinian non-profit civil society organization established in Ramallah in 2003, work in the field of developing the Palestinian social economy in the rural and marginalized areas with special focus on cooperatives and women self-help groups all over West bank and Gaza. ESDC is seeking a qualified person with experience in fund raising and public relation fields.
The specialist will provide proposal writing support to ESDC by contributing to design, writing, editing, and producing competitive proposals in response to solicitations from donors. The specialist will maintain a close relation with ESDC’s local and international partners, and work closely with ESDC’s staff and technical experts and partners in relevant fields to create a well-structured and compelling proposal for submission and to maintain a strong sustainable relation with local, national, international and governmental partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and/or support the writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading of technical proposals and concept papers to solicited and unsolicited opportunities from donor organizations;
- Ensure that the final proposal is presented in one coherent voice, is technically clear and accurate, and that proposal is compliant with donor requirements;
- Participate in proposal related meetings (as necessary);
- Conduct research relevant to the proposal (as necessary);
- Prepare proposals in the fields food security, CBO’s capacity building and community based economy (cooperation economy);
- Prepare sector profiles;
- Prepare market analysis
- Perform needs assessment analysis
- Define community needs and priorities
- Work as part of the cooperative business development team, writing technical proposals and compiling technical and financial offers, and provide support to teams in project implementation.
- Identify and help to develop strategic relationships with partners (donors, NGO’s, CBO’s, GO’s).
- Search sources for fund raising opportunities. and strengthening the relationship with existing donors
- Receiving, recording and responding to RFPs
- Contacting donors, international organizations and implementing agencies.
- Representing ESDC in the meetings with the international partners and donors.
- Establish mechanisms (manuals, guidelines) to develop PR management at ESDC.
- Use of technology to update information data base
- Effectively applies methodology and enforces ESDCs standards.
- Prepare sector analysis for economic, social and developmental sectors.
- Assist in preparing and finalizing the Annual Report.
- Leading issuing quarterly newsletters about ESDCs actions.
- Addressing donors, international organizations, ministries, and local agencies
- Assist in preparing Visibility Studies for ESDC programs and Projects.
- Design all visibility and representation of ESDC as necessary
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred;
8+ years of experience writing proposals and public relation;
Demonstrated writing and editing skills appropriate for competitive proposal submissions; successful candidates must have a proven track record of producing winning proposals in response to international development donor RFPs;
Ability to write clearly and concisely, to structure arguments in a logical fashion and to balance technical accuracy with simple explanations while adhering to strict page limitations;
Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work team;
Familiarity with donors procurement process, cooperative agreements, contracts, and key initiatives (cooperation year, climate change Initiative); familiarity with donors;
Knowledge and understanding of one or more of ESDC’s priority areas: Capacity building for CBO’s, cooperatives, food security, agriculture/agribusiness, livelihoods development, natural resource management, women and youth;
Proven ability to work under pressure, ensure coherence and consistency, independently, and meet deadlines consistently;
Strong oral and written communications skills in English;
Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office).
Duty Station: Ramallah
Duration of the Assignment: 12 months (extendable)