Visibility and Media Consultant
(Home and Office Based)
Established in 1981, The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a non-governmental women’s, developmental, and learning human rights organization that contributes to developing feminist struggle within national, social, and developmental dimensions. The organization believes that liberating women is connected directly with ending the occupation and establishing a full Palestinian democratic sovereign civil state. PWWSD is active all over West Bank including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip and is an active member in several local, regional, and global networks and coalitions.
PWWSD aims for a free and democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, respect for human rights and social justice. PWWSD promotes women self-empowerment, women’s contribution to the development processes, the entitlement of woman to political, economic and civic rights, women’s access to justice and their right to a life free of violence.
PWWSD is seeking to recruit a part-time “Visibility and Media Consultant” for the project “Gender Equality in the Economic Sphere: Our Right, Our Priority”, supported by the European Union and implemented by the Democracy and Workers’ Rights Center in Palestine, in partnership with COSPE, EducAid and PWWSD.
The project aims at enhancing Palestinian CSOs engagement in and contribution to advancing gender equality in Palestine, in particular women’s economic rights. Its specific objective is to increase women’s CSOs initiatives in influencing at local and national level for creating an enabling environment for women’s economic empowerment. The project also includes an intermediary objective, which is to strengthen the autonomy and capacities of 30 women CSOs in Qalqilya, Tulkarem, Nablus Tubas/northern valley, and Hebron governorates, Jordan Valley, and Gaza Strip border areas in addressing labor and economic rights of women, including young women and women with disabilities (WWDs) with their communities.
Purpose and objectives
The consultant will assist PWWSD and project partners in:
- Development and production of multimedia content in order to increase media reach and visibility effectiveness
- Coordinate media outreach and media productions content for yearly thematic public awareness campaigns (focusing on women’s right to decent work) and for local and national advocacy campaigns in close cooperation with implementing partners and participating CSOs/CBOs in an intensive manner.
Supervision, Work relations, and Oversight
Under the overall supervision of the Director General, the consultant will report to PWWSD’s Project coordinator, and the communication officer for direct supervision. He/She will work in close cooperation and coordination with the project partners and participating CSOs/CBOs.
Duration of the consultancy: April 2021 – December 2023
The Visibility and Media Consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plan ahead all media and communication related activities in close consultation with the project partners , propose adjustments to the plan if needed;
- Liaise with local and international media outlets to ensure coverage of the action's activities & results;
- Produce Press Releases & content for social media (posts & ads, photos, stories, success stories, best practices, among others);
- Lead the implementation of related media activities (assisting in preparing scripts, prepping speakers, etc);
- Report on media and advocacy activities (including visibility);
- Provide needed technical assistance to participated trainees/activists to help them develop communication and advocacy plans with their CBOs; Prepare a media and communication plan for each participated CBO regarding the type of technical assistance needed, including timeframe and budget;
- Work closely with PWWSD communication and advocacy officer and other staff to conceptualize and implement related communications strategies and campaigns;
- Manage the media aspects of yearly thematic public awareness campaigns with project partners and participating CBOs/CSOs, local & national allies (these campaigns include media activities & local events/festivals; participate in consultations with CSOs to define the campaign theme & plan, distribute roles, & prepare materials & events;
- Follow up advocacy activities aiming for advancing women’s right to decent work at local and national levels with targeted coordinating committees of women’s grassroots organizations, CSOs, DPOs, shadow councils and local councils in participating governorates and provide technical support to ensure media visibility
- Follow up and prepare communication, media and visibility activities for the implementation of the national advocacy campaigns/policy dialogues for the adoption of legislation and policies in line with international conventions & SDGs 5 & 8 commitments, in line with campaigns goals & plans;
- Researching, preparing fact-checking, editing, and producing professional media and communications materials for various audiences and ensuring their timely dissemination and amplification;
- Advise on communications budgets spending in close support with the project coordinator, communication and advocacy officer, and PWWSD financial officer;
- Follow up all related social media communications;
- Maintains a calendar of assigned activities and deadlines and share with PWWSD and project partners;
- Maximizes opportunities for PWWSD and partners to be featured in various types of media messages;
- Maintain detailed records of media coverage;
- Any tasks requested by the General Director.
The consultant will ensure the following:
- All communications and visibility materials align with visibility standards of the EU and project partners, and the project’s communication and visibility plan;
- Effective communication to PWWSD project coordinator and management on any changes on activities implementation and needed amendments;
- Proper Reporting and submission of reports on activity and monthly basis.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
At least Graduate Degree in Journalism and Communication, or related field is required. Diploma in social sciences is an asset.
At least five years of relevant professional experience working in journalism and communication, including writing features for media and web;
Demonstrated experience in maintaining social media accounts, especially Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as well as experience with new media executions;
Knowledge and understanding of local and global digital landscape and trends;
Experience with graphic design, ability to create designs for digital media purposes in open source graphic design programs;
Ability to integrate PR/communication initiatives with social media;
Experience developing compelling content to generate response from audiences online;
Experience in reporting on qualitative and quantitative analytics;
Ability to take quality photographs and basic photo editing skills;
Experience in and familiarity with the Palestinian context and the NGO sector;
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is essential
Ability to plan, prioritize and be precise and quality oriented
Excellent team work skills
Strong ability to work under pressure
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent computer skills particularly with software applications like Word and PowerPoint.
Ability to effectively prioritize activities and multi-task.
Must be an efficient time manager.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Must have good problem solving and decision-making skills.
Have exceptional networking skills.
Able to establish firm and reliable contacts in various media outlets.